Saturday, March 31, 2012

Red Hot Penthouse Decor


This is what I imagine Barbie's Fifth Avenue penthouse apartment might look like.




Red leather chaise, modern glass coffee table, acrylic nesting end tables, chrome wall sconces and a fabulous damask wallpaper accent. 



The perfect retreat and sanctuary...





A place to entertain guests...




Or just a place to relax after a long day of work.


You can achieve this look with a few simple techniques. The papered walls are two silver colored doll boxes. If you do not have any boxes that are already silver-cover them in grey construction paper, contact paper, gift wrap or scrapbook paper. The damask pattern is a scrapbook piece. I left a large section of the grey visible to visually heighten the room. The chaise is a piece from the My Scene Party Pad. Originally purple, the legs were finished with a chrome color. The faux leather look was achieved with layers of paint. Each tufted button is a sparkly crystal accent. The coffee table base began as a bench in another My Scene bedroom playset. I removed the seat-painted it to look like wrought iron then used a smoke colored piece of oval glass for the table top.

The wall sconces are custom made using mirrored tiles, beads, jewelry findings, plastic pieces, super glue and silver paint.




Thanks for stopping by...

Happy Crafting!

Stephiejo

4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I would love to come there personally and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Spain: congratulations for this work. It's really beautiful, gorgeous and awesome. I like the look of the chair like leather. The pair of Barbie and Ken are very elegant. It looks very luxurious living room. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is really good. I love the chaise. So, when do we get invited for cocktails?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You really did a wonderful job with this. You're so creative and I admire that. It is very hard for me to think of things like that on my own. I would so like to have a room like that. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Non-Traditional Barbie Furniture Ideas

In my last post, I discussed my top five favorite mass produced doll furniture pieces for Barbie & friends. (in case you missed it clic...